Things to Do in Ogunquit and Southern
Things to do & Area Sight Seeing
Free Reservations: 1-877-646-8336
Scenic Walk - Marginal Way
- Ogunquit one mile path along coast. Ends in Perkins Cove
the Ogunquit Trolley - stops right at our
door. - Seasonal
National Estuarine Research Reserve of Wells:
1600 scenic acres of research reserve including a 19th
century saltwater farm, Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge area, Laudholm
Farm Visitors Center, exhibits, and seven miles of spectacular marsh
walkways and trails along marshes, fields, and wetlands. Open year
round. 342 Laudholm Farm Road, Wells. 646-1555, 646-4521.
Tours of Kennebunkport
- 1 hour Historic walking tours from the Nott House 967-2513 or 2751
Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge,
Open sunrise to sunset for bird watching and self-guided tours. Rt 9
Kennebunk/Wells Town line. 646-9226.
Guided Tours of the
First Family Museum
- President Bush Museum in Greek Revival House 967-2513 or 2751
Log Cabin Road - Kennebunkport, 967-2800
- Nubble Road, Cape Neddick,
between Long & Short Sands Beach. York.
- Built in 1834. Viewed from Cape Porpoise Pier.
- Maine's largest salt marsh is best explored by canoe. Guided and self
guided canoe tours. Abundant shorebird sightings. Nature center offers
slide shows, exhibits. Rt. 9, Scarborough. 883-5100.
Maine Narrow Gauge RR
Co. & Museum
- 58 Fore St, Portland 207-828-0814.
Maine Wildlife Park
Moose, Bear, Deer, Cougars, Eagles and more. Nature Trail and
Displays. Rt 26, 56 Game Farm Road, Gray, 657-4977 (Exit 11 off the
I-495, Maine Turnpike)
Ocean Recreation, Lobster Boat Tours,
Whale Watches, Deep Sea Fishing, & More.
Finestkind Scenic Cruises
- Perkin's Cove. Scenic lobster, lighthouse, sailing and cocktail
cruises. May through October. 646-5227
Bunny Clark Deep Sea Fishing
- Perkin's Cove. Half & Full Day Trips 646-2214
Ugly Anne - Deep Sea Fishing
- Perkin's Cove. Half & Full Day Trips
Deborah Ann Whale Watching
- Perkins Cove. Phone: 207-361-9501
Perkins Cove Lobster Tours
- Ogunquit, Maine's Newest Family-Oriented Excursion Boat. 2-Hour
Private Cruises Aboard the "Three E's" with Captain Eric Brazer. Perkins Cove. Phone: 207-646-7413
Rip Tide III
- Private Charters by Captain Dick OBrien, 646-2011
Excursions - Southern Maine Kayak Tours and Kayak
Rentals. Full service Kayak Company based in Kennebunkport, Maine, and
serving Southern Maine from York to Portland. Kayak rentals delivered to
your choice launch location. And Guided Tours departing from your choice
Excursions Coastal Maine Outfitting Co.,
1399 US Rte. One, P.O. Box 223 Cape Neddick, Maine
Phone: (207) 363 0181
Gone with the Wind
Kayaking Rentals, Lessons, and Equipment, 283-8446
Liquid Dreams Surf Shop
- Main Street Ogunquit. 207-641-2545
By the Kennebunkport Bridge behind Mobil
Station, Kennebunk Lower Village, 967-5507
Scenic Lobster Boat Cruise
- Kennebunkport. 1 hour scenic cruise, 967-5507
Schooner Eleanor - Sail aboard a Maine built schooner
from Kennebunkport. Two hour trips take you down the historic
Kennebunk River to sea. Enjoy the peace and quiet of cruising under
sail. Learn local maritime history, help work the sails, or just sit
back, relax. Join Captain Rich Woodman aboard his traditional Gaff
Rig Schooner. Daily departures from the docks of the Arundel Wharf
Restaurant. 43 Ocean Ave. Kennebunkport 207-967-8809
Cruises - Private Chartered Cruises, 967-3507
207-363-8466, York Harbor, ME
Eldredge Brothers Fly Shop
- 207-363-9269 Cape Neddick,
Manta Ray Adventures - Fishing Charters aboard the F/V
Manta Ray, a 36 foot Northern Bay out of Kennebunkport Maine providing
ready access to many of the Gulf of Maine's famous and productive
fishing grounds. United States Coast Guard licensed captain, Capt. Jon
Bigger'n Better Sportfishing
- 800-526-8172 York, ME
- 207-363-5675 York, ME
Shearwater Charter Fishing
- 207-363-5324 York, ME
Tidewater Charters -
207-363-6524 Cape Neddick, ME
World Within Sea Kayaking
- 746 Ocean Ave. Wells, ME 04090 Phone: 207 646-0455
Other Area Recreation
Kids Fun - Indoor "Bounce
Liquid Dreams Surf Shop
- several hundred feet from the Ogunquit Resort Motel
Skimboards, Wheels & Waves, RT 1 Wells,
- Cape Able Bike Shop - Town House Corners, Kennebunkport,
- Rockin Horse Stables - 245 Arundel Road,
- Sanford Airport - 324-0905
- Photo Flights & Scenic Rides, Sanford Airport, (800) 261-2022
Happy Wheels Skate Center
- Roller Skating Rink, Scarborough, 883-3713
Vacationland Bowling &
Recreation Center - RT 1 Saco, 284-7386
Twentieth Century Lanes &
Sports Bar - Biddeford, 284-0980
Hot Air Balloon Rides,
17 Freeman St., Portland, ME Phone: 207-772-4730 800-952-2076
Maines Best Shopping
Perkins Cove & Downtown Ogunquit
Cabela's - Scarborough,
Maine - new Outdoor Sports Store just off the Maine Turnpike 30 minutes
- Just 20 minutes south of Ogunquit. Over 120 outlets and the Kittery
Trading Post with savings of 20-70% daily. This shopping mecca is often
referred to as America's Maine Street for Outlet Shopping.
Antique Shops and
All along Rt 1 in Kennebunk, Wells, Ogunquit, York & Kittery.
- Kennebunkport - shops, boutiques, art galleries and restaurants.
Toms of Maine
- natural living store, factory outlet store, Downtown Kennebunk
- World famous and open 24 hours, 365 days per year. 1 hour north in
Freeport. Freeport also offers over 100 outlet stores. 865-1212.
The Maine Mall
- Over 135 stores including restaurants, theaters and more. 364 Maine
Mall Road, So. Portland. 774-0303.
The Old Port
- Portland's Historic District offers over 158 shops, 65 restaurants, 28
galleries, and numerous pubs. All located in a charming five block area
lined with cobblestone streets on Portland's historic waterfront. 400
Congress St., Portland. 772-6828.
Neddick - Shore Road, Cape
Old Marsh Country Club - Wells.
- Ledges Drive, York, 351-3000
The Links at Outlook
- Route 4, Berwick, 384-4653. Guests of the Ogunquit
Resort Motel enjoy special $45 Greens Fees (including 18-holes
and cart). Purchase at Resort front desk.
Webhannet Golf Club
- Kennebunk, 967-3951
- Coles Hill Road, Wells, 646-0508
Country Club, Sanford, 324-5462
Cape Arundel Golf Course
- Kennebunkport, 967-3494
Dutch Elm Golf Course
- Brimstone Road, Arundel, 282-9850
Biddeford/Saco Country Club
- Old Orchard Road, Saco, 282-5883
at Old Orchard Beach Country
Club - 49 Ross Road, - Old Orchard Beach, 934-4513
Wentworth by the Sea
- New Castle, NH (603)433-5010
Tee Shot Golf Range
- North Berwick Road, Wells, 646-2727
Hillcrest Golf -
Driving Range and Mini Par 3 Pitch & Putt - 71 Western Ave. Kennebunk,
Miniature Golf Courses...
Wonder Mountain Golf Course
- Rt 1 Wells, 646-9655
Wells Beach Mini-Golf
- Rt 1, Wells, 646-7570
Sea Vu Mini-Golf
- Post Road, Wells, 646-7732
- 58 Ocean Park Road, Saco, 284-6174
- Old Orchard Beach, 934-5086
Booth Theater Ogunquit
Hackmatack Playhouse Route 9
- Stock Summer Theatre
Rt 1 Ogunquit 646-5511
Vinegar Hill Music Theatre - 53 Old Post Road, Arundel,
A music venue in an historic barn, bringing top local and national
talent to an intimate Maine concert setting during the summer season.
Leavitt Theatre Ogunquit Center
Smittys Route 109 Sanford
Wells 5 Star Cinema Hannaford Plaza Route 1 Wells
Yorks Wild Kingdom
- Zoo and Theme
Park, Route One York, 363-3883
- Theme and amusement park, RT 1 Saco, 284-5139
- rides, waterslides, and
amusements, on the beach Old Orchard Beach 934-2001
Art, Entertainment, & Museums
Ogunquit Museum of
- P.O. Box 815, Shore Rd. Ogunquit, ME 03907 Phone: 207 646-4909
Meeting House Museum
- Historical Society of Wells & Ogunquit. 207-646-4775.
Old York Historical Society
- 207 York St., York, ME 03909 Phone: 207-363-4974 Fax: 207 363-4021
Brick Store Museum
- Ship Models, Historic Displays, Rare Antiques, Paintings, Decorative
Arts. 117 Main St, Kennebunk, 985-4802.
- 135 North St, Kennebunkport, 967-2751
Guided Tours of the Kennebunks
- Intown Trolley
First Family Museum
- Greek Revival House Open Mid June to Mid-October, Dock Square,
Kennebunkport, 967-2513 or 967-2751
Largest collection of trolley cars in the world. Countryside rides on
historic rides. Log Cabin Road - Kennebunkport, 967-2800
Childrens Museum of
Portsmouth - 280 Marcy St Portsmouth NH
Strawbery Banke Museum
- Marcy St, Portsmouth, NH 603-433-1100
Childrens Museum of Maine
- Fun for all ages. 142 Free Street, Portland. 207-828-1234.
Childrens Theater of Maine
- 25A Forest Ave, Portland 207-874-0371.
- 6 Custom House Wharf, Portland 207-774-5554.
Portland Concert Association
- Dance, opera, musical theater, jazz, & more. 1-800-639-2707.
Portland Symphony Orchestra
- Concerts year round. 30 Myrtle St. Portland
Portland Museum of Art
- 7 Congress St, Portland 207-775-6148.
St. Mary's Catholic Church
- 236 Eldredge Road, Wells, 646-5605
St. Peters By the Sea
Episcopal Church - Shore Road near the Cliff
All Saints Church
- School St, Ogunquit
Ogunquit Baptist Church
- 1507 Shore Road, Ogunquit
Advent Christian Church
- Sea Road, Kennebunk, 985-3319
Kennebunk Baptist Church
- Main Street, Kennebunk, 985-2332
Village Baptist Church
- Main Street, Kennebunkport, 967-3240
- (Catholic) Beach Road, Kennebunk, 967-4865
- (Catholic) Portland Road, Kennebunk, 985-6252
First Congregational Church
- North Street, Kennebunkport, 967-3897
St. Anns by the Sea
- (Episcopal) Ocean Ave, Kennebunkport, 967-2287
Church on the Cape
- Langsford Road, Cape Porpoise, 985-4494
- (Presbyterian) Portland Road, Kennebunk, 985-4303
South Congregational Church
- Temple Street, Kennebunkport, 967-2793
Ogunquit Resort Motel
Kids Fun - Indoor "Bounce Zone" -
National Estuarine Research
Reserve of Wells - Laudholm Farms spectacular
seaside strolls and cross country ski trails. 207-646-1555, 646-4521.
Harris Farm Cross County Ski
Center - 40 Km of groomed x-c trails and snow
shoeing. Rentals and lunch available, ice skating pond. Maple sugaring
in March. Minutes from the coast just off Rt. 35, 30 minutes from
Kennebunk. 252 Buzzell Rd Dayton, ME 207-499-2678.
Rockin Horse Stables -
Horse Drawn Sleigh/Carriage/Wagon Rides! 245 Arundel Road, Kennebunkport 207-967-4288.
Your Body Works
- Therapeutic massage & spa center with 2 locations, Shore Rd Ogunquit &
Rt 1 Wells. Offering therapeutic massage & spa
Bush Brook Stables
- Horseback Riding Lessons. West Street, Biddeford 207-284-7721.
Balloons over New England
- Hot Air Balloon Rides 1-800-788-5562.
Biddeford-Saco Ice Arena
Open to the Public Friday night 6:30-8:30PM 207-283-0615
Vacationland Bowling Center
- 812 Portland Rd, Saco 207-284-7386.
Maine Rock Gym Indoor
Climbing Gym - 127 Marginal Way Portland.
Southworth Planetarium -
Shows for children and adults including laser concerts. University of
Southern Maines Science Building. Portland 780-4249.
719 Main Street, P.O. Box